FLR — Front Leaning Rest (active position at the top of the pushup) GHD — Glute Ham Developer (piece of equipment) GHR — Glute Ham Raise (posterior chain exercise, like a back extension) GPP — General Physical Preparedness (aka “fitness”)
- 1 What does FLR stand for exercise?
- 2 What does WTF mean in CrossFit?
- 3 What are some CrossFit terms?
- 4 What is a ring FLR?
- 5 What does front leaning rest work?
- 6 Why do CrossFitters call it a box?
- 7 What is a Tabata workout?
- 8 What does FLR mean in CrossFit?
- 9 What does Amrap stand for?
- 10 What is a RTF workout?
- 11 What does PS mean in CrossFit?
- 12 What are WODs in CrossFit?
- 13 What does Rx mean in CrossFit?
What does FLR stand for exercise?
30/01/2020. Your final fat-burning test is a full 15 minutes of the front leaning rest (FLR), the plank’s meaner, leaner big brother. Each time you break, you meet a cousin of the burpee to cull extra calories. Start a 15-minute countdown and assume the FLR position.
What does WTF mean in CrossFit?
WTF Workout 5: Dumbbell Plus Body Weight.
What are some CrossFit terms?
- AMRAP: As Many Reps (sometimes Rounds)as Possible.
- ATG: Ass to Grass.
- BP: Bench press.
- BS: Back squat.
- BW (or BWT): Body weight.
- CFT: CrossFit Total – consisting of max squat, press, and deadlift.
- CFWU: CrossFit Warm-up.
- CLN: Clean.
What is a ring FLR?
The Ring FLR ( Front Leaning Rest ) is brilliant at strengthening the serratus anterior muscle. It’s the one that lies just under your pec and on your ribs. It helps to move the scapluae and assists in overhead movements.
What does front leaning rest work?
An effective and well performed Front Leaning Rest will help you build your core strength and shoulder stability and is a foundation for many other bodyweight exercises. The Front Leaning Rest: The Exercise: Place your hands directly beneath your shoulders and extend your feet back.
Why do CrossFitters call it a box?
The Box = a crossfit gym. It’s called a box because it’s typically in a warehouse-type space. Instead of seeing the machines you see in a typical gym, you’re more likely to see stacks of weights, barbells, pull-up bars and lots of open space.
What is a Tabata workout?
Tabata is a type of HIIT workout that aims to yield the most benefits in a short amount of time. For each exercise, you do eight rounds of 20 seconds of strenuous exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest.
What does FLR mean in CrossFit?
FLR — Front Leaning Rest (active position at the top of the pushup) GHD — Glute Ham Developer (piece of equipment)
What does Amrap stand for?
The AMRAP Explained—Plus 5 Reasons Why You’ll Love It. AMRAP stands for “ as many rounds as possible ” or “as many reps as possible,” depending on what you’re doing in the particular workout. It means you go through as many rounds of a given workout sequence or circuit as possible in a set amount of time.
What is a RTF workout?
At Train we prefer to measure Training Intensity by the amount of effort required to complete a set. We use the Reps To Failure scale (RTF) (4) to determine if the adequate intensity is being used.
What does PS mean in CrossFit?
• PP: Push press • PJ: Push Jerk • PS: Power snatch • PU: Pull-ups • P/U: Push ups • Rep: Repetition. One performance of an exercise. •
What are WODs in CrossFit?
WOD = Workout of the Day. This is the workout you’ll get when you attend a CrossFit class. AMRAP = As Many Rounds as Possible.
What does Rx mean in CrossFit?
10. RX: When a WOD is performed RX’d, that means the athlete performs all modalities using the prescribed weight and reps. In CrossFit, all WODs can be scaled down to meet your fitness level, but the goal is to get to a place where the RX is challenging, yet doable.